Chadwick House is situated in the heart of the Solihull Improvement District. Along with Radcliffe House it forms Blenheim Court which is known as one of the most prominent, grade A office locations in Solihull Town Centre.
And with Solihull ranked in the top 10 UK destinations for business it’s key that they offer a First-Class customer experience to their tenants.
The working environment is key to their success having a host of onsite amenities to attract some of the most prestigious businesses in the area.
Having recently undergone a comprehensive transformation throughout, this working environment presents upgraded common areas, enhanced WC’s as well as a modern and inviting reception area, providing an impressive sense of arrival for both occupiers and visitors.
As part of the improvements they decided to remove the existing on-site water cooled water chillers because they were old, unreliable and costly to repair. Plus, in a First-Class office, the temperature and flow of air is paramount to a productive working environment.
So, Oasis were chosen as their preferred supplier to remove all the old units and refrigerant & install a brand-new rooftop cooling tower with a new 900kW rooftop mounted packaged water chiller.
The work was extensive but with a deadline to meet Oasis ploughed through it and achieved the deadline within budget. The three months’ worth of work included:
- Decant, remove from site and environmentally dispose of the redundant refrigerant.
- Strip out the existing chilled water and condense water pumps.
- Remove the existing condense water pipework from ground floor chiller plant room to rooftop.
- Remove and environmentally dispose of the existing chillers
- Remove and environmentally dispose of the existing cooling towers
- Carry out builders work to accommodate new equipment
- Install new inverter driven chilled water pumps
- Install new mains electrical power cable
- Install new insulated water pipework, chilled water strainer from ground floor plantroom to rooftop chiller
- Supply and install new packaged air cooled water chiller
- Modify and install building controls to suit
- Balance water
- Commission new water chiller into full operation
The result was a perfect environment for both occupiers and visitors & a new, reliable more affordable Air Conditioning System for the owners. A real Win-Win and another success for Oasis.